
Two years? How can it be? Because sometimes I still feel the same raw pain I felt that day. The kind that rips your heart. The kind that takes your breath. Of course, I've gone on living. You have to. And some moments are easier than others. I guess it will always be that way.
Sometimes I talk to him while I'm driving. I wonder if he's sitting beside me listening. I'm sure he's in the front seat, because he could never ride in the back seat.
I'm sure if you get to do what you love in heaven, he's fishing in a quiet lake at sunrise- in a spot where they're biting, of course. Or maybe he's relaxing in a screened-in porch with a good book resting on his chest. Or maybe he's with Jacob at school today, hanging out with his favorite seven year old.
I miss him so much.
In memory of daddy...
Lyrics from an old song he and I used to listen to on our 8 track player.
I love
Tom T. Hall
I love,
little baby ducks
Old pick-up trucks
Slow-moving trains
and rain
I love,
little country streams
Sleep without dreams
Sunday school in May
and hay
And I love you too
I love,
leaves in the wind
Pictures of my friends
Birds of the world
and squirrels
I love coffee in a cup
Little fuzzy pups
Old TV shows
and snow
And I love you too
I love,
honest open smiles
Kisses from a child
Tomatoes on a vine
and onions
I love winners when they cry
losers when they try
Music when it's good
and life
And I love you too
Sometimes I talk to him while I'm driving. I wonder if he's sitting beside me listening. I'm sure he's in the front seat, because he could never ride in the back seat.
I'm sure if you get to do what you love in heaven, he's fishing in a quiet lake at sunrise- in a spot where they're biting, of course. Or maybe he's relaxing in a screened-in porch with a good book resting on his chest. Or maybe he's with Jacob at school today, hanging out with his favorite seven year old.
I miss him so much.
In memory of daddy...
Lyrics from an old song he and I used to listen to on our 8 track player.
I love
Tom T. Hall
I love,
little baby ducks
Old pick-up trucks
Slow-moving trains
and rain
I love,
little country streams
Sleep without dreams
Sunday school in May
and hay
And I love you too
I love,
leaves in the wind
Pictures of my friends
Birds of the world
and squirrels
I love coffee in a cup
Little fuzzy pups
Old TV shows
and snow
And I love you too
I love,
honest open smiles
Kisses from a child
Tomatoes on a vine
and onions
I love winners when they cry
losers when they try
Music when it's good
and life
And I love you too
No comments:
Post a Comment