Let's see... I'm not that mother who has great, creative things planned for her children all the time. Hardly ever, actually. We are a family of "TV on" most of the time. I need to read with Jacob and help him be a better reader himself (I am a TEACHER, after all!) and I don't enough. I promised myself to help Olivia with her therapy every day. I haven't even put her AFO's on today. And I see other babies her age running around and talking and I get so upset that my baby girl isn't getting to do those things. I'm trying to lose some more weight, but I all I think about is food. I function better when things are organized and planned. But, very little in my life is organized or planned. It feels like months since Brian and I have had "date night".
Okay, pity party over. For this moment anyway. Now, I'll make myself count my blessings.
Jacob is such a cool kid. The other night at the steakhouse, he walked over and told an 82 year old woman happy birthday (the steakhouse waiters had already sung to her, so J knew it was her bday).
Olivia has come so far. Jeanine reminded me the other night that some children's hips come back out and some children get lots of blisters from their AFOs. We have been so fortunate with everything we've had to deal with.
I'm sitting here thinking about that brownie in the kitchen, but I'm remembering how good it feels to be thinner and that it is worth the effort to count points.
I can work on getting organized. It won't happen overnight, so I'll try to take it one step at a time.
I'm going to start looking for a babysitter that I can trust my babies with so that Brian and I can spend some more time together.
Beautiful, happy family. A comfortable warm home filled with love. Such blessings. Focus on that, Donna.
No comments:
Post a Comment