Monday, March 12, 2007

The Truth

The truth is, I've been telling everybody how Olivia is coming along great and I put on a cheery face and speak positive about her progress, meanwhile I'm crying inside.
The truth is, I see other babies walking and talking and exploring. And I'm heartbroken that she isn't doing those things.
The truth is, I know that things could be soooo much worse and that her prognosis is wonderful.
But the truth is, sometimes I still ache because I want her to not have to struggle with anything in this life. Because I want her to run and play and say mama and dada and do it all without AFOs and parallel bars and helmets and therapists.
I try very hard to remember how blessed I KNOW we are.
But the truth is, there have been many moments lately that this lump appears in my throat and the tears flow and I just want to scream that it is NOT FAIR. I can't help it.
The truth is, I love her more than life. And we will help her become a thriving independent girl. And she will be courageous and strong because of all she has been through and all she will go through.
The truth is, she is amazing. And that is what helps me wipe away the tears so I can focus on this precious miracle and all she will become.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morning Donna. I just wanted to say Bravo. I only wish I could be as brave and strong as your are. I can't stand to see Stephen sick and I feel sometimes like I don't have the energy, patience or bravery to handle it. Last night I laid on the bathroom rug and cried. It was a good pity party. I felt better after that.
You on the other hand, handle your challenges and heartache for your baby on a daily basis and you handle it with grace.
I will continue to pray for you guys every day. May God bless our precious girl and pass on to her your strength and bravery.
Lots of Love,
Stephanie