I'm trying to catch my breath and dry my tears.
I'm overcome with grief as I watch the news tonight on the Va. Tech massacre that happened yesterday. I see a father talk about losing his daughter. I see a campus of young people gathered together dressed in Va. Tech shirts, trying to muster the strength to get through this day.
And I can only imagine the overwhelming pain, anger, and utter loss of those who have lived through this nightmare, and those who are trying to grasp the fact that their loved one is gone.
Gone.
Instantly, the world changed. Precious lives lost forever. And I find myself wanting to gather the two of you up in my arms, shut out the world, and live in our safe little cocoon. Just you, me and daddy.
I can't hug you enough tonight.
And I pray. I pray for strength and peace for the friends and families of the victims. And I pray for both of you- my babies, our family, and our friends- that God will wrap His love around us all. It's the only thing I know to do...
Goodnight my precious children,
Mommy
1 comment:
Some of the burials and memorial services are tomorrow. I find that I can't even sleep to think of the pain and sorrow that they must all feel.
Tonight, God, I pray for the awesome and magical peace and strength that you gave us when Daddy died to be theirs.
Please wrap them in your arms and hold them close.
P.S. Please give Daddy a hug for me.
Love,
Stephanie
Post a Comment