Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Letter

I'm at Steph's in Charleston and hanging in her bonus room is a copy of the letter that we found the day after daddy died.

Dear God,

You must like me a lot. If any of my employees performed as poorly as I have for you, I would have fired them long ago. But you did not give up on me, and for that I am forever grateful.

You trusted me with two of the most valuable things on earth, our two daughters.

You gave me a wonderful wife and mother to help raise these fine children. I believe that with your blessing and guidance that we raised them to meet your requirements.

Several years ago, you sent a fine young man to take over my job with my Donna and my job was done with her as someone much more qualified assumed that job as number one man in her life.

Now in about an hour another fine young man will take over with my Stephanie.

Bless these children and keep them safe.

Today my job ends, but my love will never end.

Your humble servant,
Daddy

No comments: