Monday, May 07, 2007

Bite size joys

I'm thinking back over the events of the evening...

Brian is teaching a class tonight, so we met in Hickory for an early dinner. "Date afternoon." I love conversations with my husband. And I'm so thankful for my in-laws for helping raise our babies...

Jacob ate his green beans, brought the trash cans up from the street without being asked, played with his sister to make her laugh, did his homework without being prompted, took his shower without arguement, read his book without frustration, and went to bed (with only one comment that the sun had not yet gone down).

Olivia crawled over to me at the couch, laughed and yelled at Funniest Home Videos, and kissed me goodnight.

I had two pieces of butter cake (one while Olivia was fussing, and another one later- alone in peace- both equally delicious).

I read Suzanne's blog and cried. It was that good-kind-of-cry, when you realize there is someone else in this world who has lived a life similar to your own and you feel a connection.

And now, I'm watching a show about a family with 13 children (which reminds me that I was meant to have a SMALL family), while I wait for Brian to come home.

Lots of bite size joys.

No comments: