Sunday, August 12, 2007

Big 8

Jacob- Big 8.

That's how daddy always wrote our birthdays on the calendar. Your name- Big ___ (insert age).

On Wednesday (the actual "birthday"), Maca surprised Jacob by showing up at the house. We met for dinner at J&S cafeteria (because as Jacob said, "I love the Cafeteria. And I don't mean just puppy love."). Then B and J took a trip to Toys R Us, where Jacob purchased lots of things with wheels (shocker), including a horse trailer. Then ice cream and putt-putt at Udderly Delicious. Jacob said it was the best birthday ever.

Then last night, he had his first sleepover. Garrett and Chase came over around 2. (Ben came too, for a little while.) Lots of swimming, snacking and video game playing. Then video games and putt-putt at Bo's. Then more swimming, more video game playing, cookie/popcorn eating. A little bit of 8-year-old fussing (and actually a few tears from Mr. Emotional birthday boy), but overall the kids were great and I think they had a great time.

It was a LATE night as Jacob didn't crash until 2 a.m. and the boys stayed up until 3.

I think it was a successful sleepover. (And I took a nap with Olivia today to recover.)

Big 8.

Where did the time go?


Brian and Olivia (with evidence of Oreo cookie snacking).




No comments: