Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

Brian is working today, so it's just me and the kiddos for Thanksgiving day. But yesterday, Brian and I worked on getting the wreaths out on the windows/door, put up the skinny tree in the living room, and Brian and Jacob worked on putting together the big fat tree downstairs.

Jacob deserted me around lunchtime. He made the call to "Pops" and went over there to spend the night. He did at least watch part of the parade with me. Better than previous years, I guess. Olivia watched a little, but neither of them hung in there the whole three hours. (sigh) When I found out I was having a girl, momma's first comment was, "Oh, you will have someone to watch the parade with you!!" Yep, that tradition is a very important one to me. Ranks right up there with the turkey.

My dear sweet husband made me my very own turkey yesterday. And cornbread dressing, deviled eggs, and giblet gravy. So, when Olivia took her nap today, I made rice and rolls, carved a serving of turkey, heated up some gravy and dressing and had my own Thanksgiving dinner on the couch while watching Men In Trees on abc.com. Not quite the Turkey Day festivities most families in America had today, but such is the life of a fireman's wife, I guess.

I'm so thankful for the blessings in my life. For starters, a husband who makes me my own turkey. Tuesday, he told me if he could put our love to music, it would be the music played at the end of Meet Joe Black, during the fireworks display. Melted my heart. And reminded me exactly why I love this man.

Then there are these two amazing babies of mine. Jacob, this tenderhearted, caring, wild, smart-mouthed, wonderful eight year old who will always be my baby boy. And Olivia, this gentle, angelic, light-up-our-world baby girl who is teaching us so many lessons about the important things in life.

Add to this my beautiful sister and her family, my mother, my in-laws, our friends, O's therapists, our jobs, our home, our health- and so many other blessings...

Simply put, I am so very blessed.
Thank you God.

Parade Time!
See how excited she is?!!


Look! She's watching the parade with me!!



And... she's done.

2 comments:

Michael Pope said...

She definitely has your smile! :)

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving to me!

Happy Thanksgiving Donna, Brian and the kiddoes!

Anonymous said...

In your sentence of thanks, you forgot RicoSuave....**smile**