Scenario one:
Today, I cleaned and organized the house, made curtain panels for my office, made Olivia do therapy throughout the day, went swimming with Jacob, emailed/called friends I've ignored the past few weeks, went to Hickory to buy some books on casein-free/gluten-free diets, and used every minute wisely.
Scenario two:
Today, I made pancakes, sat on the couch, took a nap with Olivia, took a shower, did a little bit of therapy with Olivia and sat back down on the couch again.
Guess which scenario is the one that really happened today...
Yep. 2.
We decided this year to not go to the AMC convention. It isn't that we didn't want to see the Rudders and all the other wonderful AMC families, we just made the decision to go see the Nidas week before last and I didn't want to miss too much work. Though we didn't really learn anything about AMC last year that we didn't already know, the experience was great. But, I haven't been active at all on the boards this year (mainly just too busy) and we decided on the trip to Charleston instead. Of course, knowing we're at home and the convention is going on without us there is making me wish we were there... Hopefully, next year's convention will be close by.
The admin retreat for Hickory was Thursday and Friday in Blowing Rock, and Jeff (my boss) had already scheduled his family beach trip for the same week, so I got to go in his place. I'm so glad I did, because I got to know all of the principals/administrators, which will help me as I try to get involved in the schools. I presented on Friday morning and I think it was very well received. I feel like I proved myself during that presentation- at least I hope I did. Good food (even dinner at Chetola) and a nice hotel (the air wasn't working, but the cool night air of Blowing Rock didn't make it a problem). I liked learning about everyone personally as well as working with them professionally as we worked to articulate our instructional core. Soooo glad I went.
Trying to think of things I've wanted to blog about over the last few weeks...
(note to self: post pics from the trip to Charleston)
Olivia now knows EIGHTEEN letters. Freaking amazing. We've decided that she won't get milk again. Ever. Or at least until she comes to us and says something to the effect of, "Mom, dad, I'm driving my car to the store and I'm going to buy some milk and I'm going to drink it and there is nothing you can do to stop me."
We said we were going to have O's bday party in late June/early July like we have for her first and second bday. With the new job, we never planned it. Bless her heart. Maybe we can plan something in the next few weeks.
Jacob is tall and tan. He slept till 11:30 this morning. Add that to his pre-teen mouth and sometimes I forget that he turning nine in a few weeks instead of 12. He has a new description of smelly things: "That smells that three day old trout."
Praying that Steph/Shaun and momma will sell their houses quickly. I can't wait for them to get here.
I miss taking pictures. I can't remember the last time I turned on the video camera. I'm too busy trying to treasure moments and not spending any time documenting them to remember later. Time to dust off the cameras and time to get back to blogging.
Life is good.
3 comments:
If you did scene 1 I was going to have to call you and ask HOW? :) It did sound like an incredible list to complete though.
I miss you Donna! Thanks for getting back to blogging.. I love reading it!
hey girl! i miss you and glad to see you blogging again - keep olivia from the milk!
Missed you all at convention! But figured what with the new job and all, glad you're back blogging! And wonderful news with the milk!
Post a Comment