Things have been so busy lately. I can't believe it is already Halloween. I've tried to keep a mental note of all the things I wanted to blog about over the last few weeks, but my memory is just plain horrible. So, here's what little I remember....
Jacob will be getting his first report card in the next few days. His teacher emailed me his grades and he has A's and B's and a C in reading. The reading grade was a nice surprise, as we were expecting a D. His grades have been horrible. He struggles so much in reading, but we have been trying to do a lot of extra phonics practice and reading at home. And he goes to Sonday tutoring every day at school. But most (all?) of his work at school is on a third grade reading level, and he just can't read at that level. So, his grades have been poor. But, he is improving, and we've talked with his teacher a lot already, so hopefully we are on the right track... He made an A in conduct. Awesome. He is such a cool kid.
He is addicted to Pokemon cards right now. Great bribing tool.
Olivia's botox injections seem to have loosened her up some. I haven't noticed a huge difference, but Jeanine does, so that's all that matters to us. O wants to pull to standing a lot more lately, which is a great workout for her. She still can't stand with her legs straight or flat-footed, but her arms are so strong, so she is able to use that strength to get up as much as possible. I'm already anxious to get the next round of shots, which will possibly happen in January. You have to wait three months between injections, since it is a toxin.
I heard Olivia say about six-eight of her letters backwards last week. She started at P (or somewhere in the middle) and as I listened, I noticed it sounded like she was saying the alphabet backwards. It wasn't a fluke- she did it a few more times last night in front of me and Brian. I have to say the alphabet forwards over and over to figure out how to say it backwards! Little miss chickadee started at P and ended on G. Amazing. Can't say Mama, but she can say her alphabet backwards. Always our mystery girl.
She loves to attack me. Seriously, she isn't rough with anyone but me. If I put her up on the couch beside me, she slings herself on me, climbs on my lap, pulls my hair, slaps my face. It's so funny (though it hurts!). She's usually so calm, but around me, she just lets loose. Stinker.
We're still doing the casein/gluten free diet. We've seen enough changes in her that we aren't willing to stop. She still eats a limited number of items, so we need to work on some new recipes.
I spent last Saturday in Charlotte at Greta's, taking pictures of her kiddos and her friend Kim's kiddos. What a perfect day for pictures! Completely overcast and not too cool/hot. The ground was wet from all of the rain, but the lighting was perfect. We got some great shots, I think. I still have so much to learn... (I can't post the pics b/c I think they are planning on using some as xmas gifts.)
Life is busy. But, still sooooo good.
Happy Boo Day.
1 comment:
You can post them if you want Donna. I've already showed them to a slew of people. :) They just don't have the framed actual gift yet. Show off your talent girl!
Love you and can't wait to see you again.
Post a Comment