Tomorrow, life will be back to normal. Jacob and Olivia at school and me back at work. Christmas vacation is over.
I love my job, but whenever I have a long period of time away from work, I dread going back. This was like my summer vacation, since I didn't get one this year. I've enjoyed some lazy time at home with Brian and the kiddos. I took a nap almost every day. Stayed up late (with Olivia, of course) and slept in.
I had planned to clean out some closets and the mudroom over the break, but that never happened. Instead, besides napping, I read and knitted. I think I knitted seven scarves. And I read the first two Harry Potter books and Twilight. I wish I had time to read that much every day. I'm not a fast reader. I tend to savor every word, so it takes me a while to get through a book. But, oh how I love to read!
We spent our last afternoon off in Blowing Rock, doing a little shopping and eating out at Outback.
I guess I'll pick out a scarf to wear tomorrow (hope it's cold enough for one). And I hope I can make it to B&N to pick up the next book in the Twilight series (Walmart didn't have it tonight...).
Time for bed. Six o'clock will be here before I'm ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment