Sunday, January 03, 2010

Back to blogging

It's been over two months since my last post. I hate that, because this journal is my outlet, my therapy, my memory-keeper. There have been lots of things to document. Many memories to preserve. But, there have also been some emotions a bit too raw to post, and I think that has played a part in my time away from journaling. Maybe it's time to have a private journal for such things. We'll see.

The new year always brings fresh starts. Goodness knows I need a new start with a diet. There aren't any clothes in my closet that fit me... And while I love my job, I've been in a rut lately, so having some time off for Christmas will hopefully have me refreshed. I've already been thinking of some new goals I want to accomplish at work. I think I've been inspired watching The West Wing episodes while on break. :) Best show ever.

We're contemplating moving to Hickory. If we decide that the best school for O is the Conover School, we'll have to move. Plus, with the rest of us spending our days in Hickory, it just makes sense. While it has been fun looking for houses, it's so bittersweet, because I love our house. We've made a home here and I'm so happy. And I love being so close to Sonjia and Bill. I didn't have living grandparents, and I love that Jacob and Olivia have my in-laws in their everyday life. I love them dearly, and I can't imagine being more than a few minutes away. But, as Brian keeps reminding me, our home is wherever we need to be for our family. As long as we are together, I swear I would live in a shoebox. I mentioned that fact to Jacob and he thought that was a very funny statement. Maybe so, but it also couldn't be more true.

Life sure is scary. So many unknowns.

Figuring it out one day at a time. With faith, prayer, and love.

1 comment:

Greta said...

HICKORY!!!! :) That would put you closer to me and I already have a family there I visit often. Although I don't want to take you from the in-lawas, but they'd be just as close as I would then. :)

Love you Donna and think of you LOTS!
G