Olivia is sick and schools are on a two-hour delay because of ice. Brian left for work a couple of hours ago. It was a rough night with O. Trying to get medicine in her to get her fever down is such a battle. She can hold it in her mouth for an eternity before swallowing (or spitting it out). Brian said she even managed to sneeze this morning without swallowing her medicine (or choking on it!). I don't care who you are, that's talent right there.
Maybe my birthday isn't starting off as I had hoped. But, that's okay. Life is good. More than that, really. I think back over the years of my life thus far, and I see how the journey I've traveled has led me to this moment. And I'm in awe. I thank God for all of the blessings in my life. And for His grace.
This morning, I thought of a birthday scene from a favorite movie of mine- Meet Joe Black.
What a glorious night.
Every face I see is a memory.
It may not be a perfectly perfect memory.
Sometimes we had our ups and downs.
But we're all together, and you're mine for a night.
And I'm gonna break precedent and tell you my one candle wish.Sometimes we had our ups and downs.
But we're all together, and you're mine for a night.
That you would have a life as lucky as mine,
where you can wake up one morning and say,
"I don't want anything more."
Sixty-five years.
Don't they go by in a blink?
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Sweet Sister! XOXOXO Best movie EVER! ;)
I LOVE that movie and what a perfect sad scene it is. I pray Olivia is better and wow that is talent holding it while sneezing! :) I love you Donna Connor!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo
Post a Comment