Monday, January 10, 2011

Me.

I've changed in the last year or so.  You may not notice it at first glance.  Heck, you may not notice it at all.  But, I know I've changed.

I'm not better than you.  I'm not smarter than you.

I'm still a sinner.  I still judge people.  I still pout and whine and wish things were easier.  I still pray that my daughter will walk and talk.

But, I've changed.

Do you know the difference between pity and compassion?  Do you realize that everyone has a story?  Do you recognize that your world doesn't define the rest of the world?

I do.

I can't tell you all the details of the journey that led me here.  Even though I wish I could.  I can tell you that it is a journey filled with grace and faith and tears and laughter and love.  And I can try to explain some of the experiences that led me here, but at the end of the day, I'm just sharing my story.  What part it plays in your life is up to you and God.

I've changed.  And I pray that I continue to change and become more and more like the person God intends for me to be.  Even when the journey is hard and confusing and unknown.  

1 comment:

Greta said...

Love it. I hope I've changed to.. I feel it but I don't know that everyone sees it.