Friday, July 01, 2011

Life around here

Looking back at pictures from the spring and realized that there are some memories I needed to post about.  Time to catch up...

Olivia and Jeanine.  Joined together when Olivia was 6 pounds and 6 days old.  They share a birthday.  And so much more.  We love Jeanine.


In March, the Nidas came to stay for a few days.  Here are my beautiful nephews and niece.


Here are our girls, taking their first bath together.  Olivia loved it.  Caroline seemed to like it, until Olivia laid down and took up the whole tub.



One day, I walked into the playroom and found this.  My baby girl and my big kid.  Happy to be together.  Loving each other.  Pure joy for a momma's heart.

In May, some of the Mathis family spent the day together at the Edwards' Farm.  It was a relaxing day with my momma, my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  And of course, Olivia, Jake, and Ivey.  :)

Baby girl turned 6 years old on May 19th.  I can't believe it...
Jake snapped a few pictures in the car on the way to school that morning (with the iPad).



Olivia celebrated at school with rainbow cupcakes.  The kindergarten class that she visits for inclusion joined the party with Olivia's class.  They are so sweet.  So many of them made cards for her and wanted pictures with her.  Olivia's teacher's daughter (top left-hand picture) is so precious.  Love her.

That evening, the grandparents came over to sing Happy Birthday (and Olivia had two more cupcakes!).  Brian was at the FD on her actual b-day, but we stopped by on the way home from school so he could give some love to the b-day girl.

The weekend after her birthday, we had a rainbow party for Miss O.  Lots of fun, lots of colors, lots of people who love our girl. 

On May 28th, Maca celebrated her birthday.  I don't think we've been together on her birthday since Olivia was born.  And I'm sure we didn't do too much celebrating that year, given that there was a new baby in the house and with me battling post-partum depression.

So, since she now lives in Lenoir (Yay!), I put together a little birthday party table for her.  The cupcakes were a melted mess, but I managed to pile them together to make a cupcake-cake-tower-thingy. 



The last day of school this year marked the end of "kindergarten" for my girl, and the end of elementary school for my big kid.  Crazy how fast time flies...  Warp. Speed.

Love, love, love Mrs. Ruff.  She has taught Olivia so much this year.  I'm so glad Olivia will have her for two more years.



My big kid.  I love his heart. He is so kind and caring.  He's all done with elementary school and that's breaking my heart a little bit.  He's growing up so fast...



What can I say about this family? Valerye, our CAP-C aide, is a gift to us.  She loves our girl fiercely.  Her girls and her husband (and even her extended family!) have all fallen in love with Olivia. 

Jennie graduated from middle school and I was able to take the kids to the graduation ceremony.  We love the Woody family.



Jacob learned how to drive the riding lawn mower.  He's in heaven!  He keeps asking when he can mow.  (Wonder how long that will last?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm sure you hear this a lot, but your children are beautiful!