Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sixth grade

I'm a mom to a middle schooler.  How is that possible?  Wasn't he just in diapers telling me that he liked to drink "Drip-Drop" (Sun-Drop)?  Now, he's almost as tall as me, he has developed his daddy's sense of humor, and he is in SIXTH grade.  I just don't know where the years have gone...

We started a new adventure.  Jacob is attending Hickory Christian Academy this year.  He had a great first day today and I'm so thankful that we made the decision for him to attend there.  (Thanks, Carol and Mandy, for your love and prayers!) 

Sixth grade.  It may take me all year to get used to the idea that I'm a momma to a middle schooler.  My baby is growing up.  (And as evidenced by this picture, he is ONLY growing UP - not OUT.  He's tall, but he's skin and bones!)


1 comment:

Janet said...

A very handsome young man! Hope he has a great year!

Tehya started junior high this year and will be 13 in a couple weeks...wanna come cry in our coffee together??? I totally understand what you mean...where DO the years go...I am really not sure how I am going to make it through all these changes!