It's Mother's Day today. My sweet husband celebrated this day with me on Friday, sending me chocolate-covered strawberries and also some beautiful tulips (from Jake and Olivia). Then we went to our favorite restaurant for dinner.
Today, he's at work. So, I've been spending Mother's Day... mothering. Poopy diapers have been changed, meals have been cooked. Laundry has accumulated, and there has been a lot of fussing about getting weekend homework done in a timely manner. Yes, it's a mothering kind of day.
And, I'm beyond blessed.
Today, Olivia has been singing, "I'm so glad, you're my family." Well, you know, in her own way. You kinda have to know the song in order to recognize the tune and translate the words. But, I hear it. And so even though I can't coax her into saying, "Happy Mother's Day, momma," I'm soaking in every song she's singing, every moment of eye contact, every kiss I can convince her to share. I love being her mother.
And then there's my big kid. He is racing headfirst into teenage years, with one underarm hair and a zit on his chin as proof. Don't tell him I shared that. Like I said, he's approaching the teen world, and his momma shouldn't be openly sharing such things. He's been bringing home some low grades lately, and while we are expecting more from him because we know he can do better, I'm also trying to focus on what is really important... he is growing to be a Godly young man. I'm so very proud of his character. I can't wait to see what God has in store for his life. I love being his mother.
Yes, I'm beyond blessed. God has changed me and given purpose to my life through two amazing miracles. My baby boy and my baby girl. I thank Him for His grace and mercy while I try to be the mother He calls me to be.

1 comment:
Happy belated Mother's Day sweet sister of mine :)
Post a Comment