Friday, May 19, 2006

One year ago today


Today is Olivia's first birthday. Where in the world did the last year go? When I think back about all of the things that she has been through- therapy, surgery, spica cast- it makes sense that twelve months have gone by. But, then I try to think about how little she was when she was born, what her smile looked like before her two teeth arrived, and I'm amazed that May 19 is here already. I'm terrified of forgetting those precious memories of her during her first year. Already, we look back at videos of Jacob and don't remember that he used to do and say so many funny and precious things. If I could, I would have a video camera taping every moment of every day so that I could relive each moment as often as I wish- forever.
But, life gets in the way. That's not a bad thing. Brian and I live each day trying to soak it all in, enjoying these two miracles that God has given us. But we find ourselves amazed at how time flies.
So, here we are. We are the parents of a six year old big boy and a one year old baby girl. My dreams have come true. A wonderful husband, a son, a daughter- what more would I ever need?

No comments: