Sometimes my head starts spinning with thoughts of all the things I need and want to do. It overwhelms me, usually to the point that I don't know where to start and therefore do absolutely nothing on my list...
Almost always, I turn these rambling thoughts into words and they pour out in the form of worried concerns, needless complaints, and honey-do lists which land right smack dab into the patient lap of my dear husband. He then calmly tells me to chill out. In prettier words, of course.
Talk about opposites attracting. I proceed to turn my to do list into a dramatic, life-altering, on-going saga, meanwhile my husband travels in exactly the opposite emotional direction by taking the "it's all gonna work out just fine" route.
Maybe one of these days I'll follow him down that road and check out the peaceful scenery.
In the meantime, here's a few of those things on my list:
1. Make a family budget and stick to it (for the upteenth time)
2. Make some cool Mrs.-Murray-is-the-greatest-teacher-on-the-planet learning activites for my OWN children to do.
3. Clean out this house and the garages. I love to be organized. But, you sure can't tell it around here.
4. Take a photography class. (and a Photoshop class)
5. Scrapbook all the pages I have stuck in my head.
6. Send some handwritten notes to family and friends. (of course this requires decent handwriting, which somehow I've managed to forget how to do since I left the classroom)
7. Clean up my yahoo email addresses
8. Make a list of menu items like we used to do. (and plan well for the nights Brian is at work)
9. Find a church for our family.
10. Find a babysitter we can trust with Jake and Olivia
11. Create an awesome ed tech blog
12. Figure out a way to see Stephen more often so I can watch him grow and so he will actually know his Aunt Donna
13. Get a family portrait made!
14. Organize and back up (and PRINT) all these hundreds of pictures I have
15. Go to the dentist (sigh...)
16. Plan a trip to Disney
17. Fix up the pool area for spring/summer
18. Plan the surprise I want to give my mom and sister (no details, since I know Steph will read this) :)
Well, there you go- a short trip through my scattered mind. Welcome to my world.
3 comments:
i'll help you do all these things. because the only stress i have in my life is when you are stressed. i love you, Brian.
Donna you are the love of my life, and everything thing good in my life is because of you. You have given me the two most beautiful children in this entire world, but what have i given you. I often wonder with all the mistakes that i make why you put up with me. I can't help but think about all the things you written about us on your blog, and how i'm the collected one and even strained. You Donna are the one who holds us together, i can't function normally without you. I know we have alot of issues to deal with, and all of them can be overcome. But none of them matter in my life if you do not believe in me. Because right now you are the only one in my life that can say to me that "I believe in you ", and i believe it. Nothing in my life matters without you. And you believeing in me means everything. I love you more than you will ever know. Brian
Okay, now you have to plan your surprise...I am waiting....
Lots of love,
Steph
Post a Comment