Sometimes I feel so sad for Jacob. He is almost 8, with a sister six years younger than him. He has twin three year old girl neighbors, and though he loves them dearly, they still are much like his sister- very young and female. So, his options for playtime are limited.
Tonight, he struck up a baseball game with some imaginary players. He played hard. I could see him go back and forth by the window, and I could hear the sound of the metal bat meeting the baseball occasionally. He came in sweaty, carrying two bats and three balls.
"Who won?" I asked.
"We did."
"Yeah?"
"Yep. Tied in the last inning. Nine to nine in the bottom of the 7th. Then we hit a homerun."
Bless his heart.
I hope he keeps that precious imagination.
2 comments:
We will play with that sweet boy. Just 1 more week till we invade the Murray house!
He did manage to slip over to the Lowe house for a quick game of football. But, I guess I'm too old to be considered a big brother. He really is a great kid and is welcome to drop in anytime.
Travis
Post a Comment