That's an oxymoron, right?
First of all, thanks to me, Olivia has been going to sleep each night around 10:30-11:30. Yep. My fault. She's enjoying the summer break with me.
So, maybe it is also thanks to me that she doesn't know when to wake up. This morning, 4:30 was the time she chose.
I tried to explain to her that it was night-night time. I told her what time it was. I told her it was still dark outside. I reminded her that she just went to sleep at 11 p.m. and that it had only been five and a half hours since then. Just in case she didn't fully realize her mistake.
However, my mistake was that I forgot that oxymoron: reasoning with a two year old. It just doesn't work...
Here we are, at 5:48, watching Lilo and Stitch on Disney. She had a bag of cereal that I sent with her to the church nursery yesterday morning. When I picked her up, the nursery worker said that Olivia picked out all the marshmallows.
Well, she missed two. So, this morning, she has eaten the two marshmallows, and nothing else. I guess she is waiting for me to add some more. The oat pieces have been sitting on her tray for about twenty minutes now. She can be stubborn with the best of them when she wants. Don't let her fool you. She's rotten.
Robin gave me a laugh this morning. That helped ease the pain of having to get up in the middle of the night.
Happy Monday morning!
(wait, that's another oxymoron, right?)
No comments:
Post a Comment