I guess it was the smell of the cinnamon bread momma made that is sitting on the counter tonight.
It made me think of coming home from the hospital after Olivia was born. Robin made me some gingerbread and I couldn't get enough of it. I had a slice with breakfast, with lunch, with dinner, and as a snack. I craved it. And anytime I smell something similar to gingerbread, I go back in time to the days of having a newborn in the house.
For Jacob, it was graham crackers. They gave me graham crackers right after he was born and when I came home, I remember craving them all the time.
Graham crackers and gingerbread. They will forever be linked to two precious times in my life.
(And then of course there is the memory of eating Outback cheese fries two or three times a week when I was preganant with Jacob. You wouldn't think that would be tasty when paired with a horrible case of morning sickness, but I don't know how I could have lived without them. Maybe it's my fault Jacob doesn't like fries. He got enough in the womb to last a lifetime.
1 comment:
That's hilarious!!! I crave Outback cheese fries through my pregnancies too!! They're the BEST!
Post a Comment