I see so much of daddy in the character President Bartlet...
CUT TO: INT. THE MOVIE THEATER - NIGHT
BARTLET [to Ellie]: How you doing?ELLIE: Hmmm?
BARTLET: I said, how you doing?
ELLIE: Fine.
BARTLET: You know, we're coming up to the good part.
ELLIE: Dad, people are trying to watch the movie.
BARTLET: You want to bet me your tuition no one in this room is going to shush me?
Ellie shakes her head.
BARTLET: I hear you're thinking about ophthalmology.
ELLIE [not looking at him]: Oncology.
BARTLET [not looking at her either]: Why would you want to study people's feet?
ELLIE: That's podiatry.
BARTLET: That's children's medicine.
ELLIE: Pediatrics.
BARTLET: I thought it was obstetrics.
ELLIE: That's pregnant women.
BARTLET: And what's the study of feet?
ELLIE [looking at him]: Dad, you're not going to make me laugh.
BARTLET: Hmmm? [beat, while he looks at her gently] The only thing you ever had to do to make me happy was come home at the end of the day.
Ellie looks like she's about to cry.
BARTLET: So, endocrinology would be what? Disorders of the gallbladder?
ELLIE [chokes the word]: Thyroid.
BARTLET: I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that, I think endocrinology is your sub-specialty of internal medicine, devoted to the digestive system.
ELLIE: That would be gastroenterology.
BARTLET: Are you sure it's not nephrology, immunology, cardiology, or dermatology?
ELLIE [smiling]: Would you stop it? I'm trying to watch the movie.
BARTLET: Okay. Here comes the good part.
They sit there, watching the movie, close to each other.
DISSOLVE TO: END TITLES.
FADE TO BLACK.
THE END
* * *
Miss you, daddy.
1 comment:
{hugs} to you.
I'm with ya.
more {{hugs}}
cat
Post a Comment