Sunday, August 24, 2008

Third Grade

Starting tomorrow, I will have my very own third grader. I know third grade well- I taught it for eight years. And tomorrow, my big kid will spend the day with his own third grade teacher.

She is already on my good side! Last week, at "meet the teacher" afternoon, she hugged me. Nurturing to momma- Check. Tonight, she called to talk to Jacob. I could tell by his answers that she must have asked if he was excited and ready for tomorrow and to get a good night's rest. Caring to momma's big kid- Check.

If this is any indication of how the year will go, I'm super excited.

Jacob packed his bookbag first thing this morning. And he wanted to wear his clothes to bed tonight. He's such a cool kid.

This morning, he said, "I'm as hungry as a bag of peanuts."

I think Jacob's third grade teacher has her work cut out for her. At least when she teaches similes.

No comments: