Olivia
O started at her new school a few weeks ago. She goes from 8-12:30, including b'fast and lunch (which we pack b/c of her gluten/casein free diet). Miss Debbie, the teacher is really nice, and the two TA's are super sweet. O seems to really like it there.
She had her xmas program last week. Her class sang Jingle Bells. The night before, I sang, "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle..." and Olivia said, "all way". Sweet girl. Of course, she didn't sing a word the night of the program, but she enjoyed shaking her jingle bells and clapping at the end of the song.
She is pulling up to standing quite a bit, which is so nice to see. I'm hoping the botox has helped with that, as we should be getting even more botox than before when we go back in January.
Olivia learned that there is water in the toilet. We have to leave the door closed to the bathroom or she'll crawl in there quickly and start splashing around. Rotten. And she has a bad habit of pooping in the tub lately. Ick. Two habits that I hope come to an end really, really soon. Like now.
She's getting so big. I pray she will walk one day soon...
Jacob
Jacob is getting so tall. He's doing well in school for the most part, but still struggles with reading (though he has improved since August). He's big into Lego's right now, mainly building his own creations. He spends a lot of time on the computer building virtual Lego vehicles and buildings on Lego.com.
Brian
Brian is now working at headquarters. Big change from station two, but he likes it there. The move meant he had to change shifts for the first time since he started there in '91. So, he worked Thanksgiving (again), but now will be off for Christmas day and New Year's Eve.
Me
Work has been great. I really do love it in Hickory. Jennifer and Heather have befriended me. Love them! I went to the tech conference in Greensboro for a night by myself. Seemed strange to not be rooming with KT and hanging out with the BCPS ITS...
I somehow ended up with an infection in my c-section scar. Didn't know such a thing could happen. Dr. said I might have even torn out a stitch. How is that possible three and a half years later? Antibiotic seems to be taking care of it.
I taught myself how to knit. Well, that's not entirely true. Lemon showed me how to do a knit stitch, but I didn't know how to start or finish a project, so I watched some videos online. I knitted a green scarf and it's not half bad, if I do say so myself. I don't have time to do all the other hobbies I've started, so I don't know what led me to think I needed to throw knitting into the mix.
We went to Charleston last month, just for a few days. Shopped with Steph and kissed on my nephews a lot. Then Maca, Steph and the boys came up last weekend. Shaun had to work (as always this time of year). I wish they could sell their house and move here today. Went to Aunt Myra's and had our annual xmas gathering. It doesn't feel like Christmas unless we go to Aunt Myra's. And of course we must listen to Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers "Once Upon a Christmas" the entire season.
The tree is up, almost all of the presents are purchased and wrapped, and tomorrow I'll turn 35. I seriously don't know where the time goes...
I'm gonna have to set some New Year's resolutions. Gotta stop eating everything in sight so I can fit back into my clothes. And I want to get more serious about taking pictures and video. Documenting memories. Making the most of every day. Loving life. Praising God.
I love this time of year.
3 comments:
So happy to see a new post! Your present should be there on Monday or Tuesday.
Love,
Steph
Hey Donna.. about that resolution to take more photos? Have you seen the "project" by Becky Higgins? "Project 365".. it might be a great way to get that resolution accomplished! I plan on giving it the 'ol college try!
Merry Christmas to the Murrays!
Hey Girl,
Happy New Year and a Merry Christmas a little late. Love your new heading - Photoshop? I miss you too! Sounds like your family are doing well and you are also - we gotta find a time to Skype soon and catch up. Take care and talk to you soon,
Kt
Post a Comment