Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Waiting up for Santa...

Jacob didn't get up this morning until 11:30. (I think he's already turning into a teenager.) Olivia... well... she's her usual self, staying up late just because that's what she does. It's 11:24 p.m. and I'm the only tired one of the bunch. Brian is at the FD tonight, but will be home with us tomorrow (a blessing of changing shifts last month).

Santa is probably waiting for the Murray family to go to sleep. I hope he doesn't get too tired waiting on these Murray kids to snooze. (yawn)

Olivia didn't sleep well last night and has shown signs of a cold today, complete with a stuffy/runny nose, fever, and overall blah-ness. She perks up every once in a while, so I'm hoping this is a short lived virus that will leave in time for Christmas morning. If not, we'll be finding a gas station open on Xmas day to buy some more kid's Motrin.

Tomorrow will be filled with 24 hours of A Christmas Story, a living room full of wrapping paper scraps and those pesky twisty-ties from new toys, hanging out in jammies most of the day with my amazing family, and probably a little knitting and reading. Sounds divine.

I'm going to check on Jake again to see if he's finally asleep.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

No comments: