Jacob finally went to sleep sometime after 11:00 and I put Olivia down around midnight, though she stayed awake in her crib for a while. Sometime between midnight and 1:15, Santa arrived. Jacob just missed him, waking up at 1:30 to see what was under the tree. At 3:00, he came back into my bedroom and I told him to try and get some rest. I saw him go into his room, but he must not have stayed there, because when I got up to check on Olivia at 5:55, he heard me and came upstairs. He was wired! He had me come downstairs to see Olivia's horse and his bow and arrows (the only things unwrapped). I convinced him to make a bed on the couch and try to rest.
Brian got home right at 8:00 and Jacob was fast asleep on the couch. We slept in until 10 and then got Jacob up to open presents. Olivia joined us at 10:30 (she slept much better than the night before). Olivia pretended to eat the horse's carrot and drink her disappearing milk and juice bottles while Jacob started opening up his new Lego toys to put together.
Brian got me beautiful diamond earrings and another Harry Potter book to go with the two Stef got me. I gave him his satellite radio and cookbooks/apron. Jacob said it was the best Christmas ever.
The rest of the day included 24 hours of A Christmas Story, pancakes, reading, talking to momma/Steph, visit from Maw, Paw, and Tony, knitting, nap, steak dinner, and hanging out together. Olivia still has a bad cough every once in a while, but she hasn't had a fever today.
It's 7:48 p.m. and the final episode of A Christmas Story is almost over. Olivia is taking a very late nap on the living room floor. Jacob is rearranging his fire dept. Lego creation and Brian is resting upstairs. It's been a great Christmas day.
Jacob was playing this morning when he turned and said to me, "Mom, you know the most important thing about Christmas is celebrating Jesus' birthday." Yes, baby, you're so right about that.
Here are some pictures from the last week- Christmas with the Beane family, the Murray family, Dinner Club @ Fuddrucker's, and then a few from today.
Merry Christmas...
1 comment:
Great Pictures! Great Memories! Great Christmas! I hope my kids will always sleep because I struggled to stay up until 11 putting things together. So not a night person.
Love you Donna!!!!!
Post a Comment