Friday, January 02, 2009

Her books

Olivia has loved books since she could hold one. She finds and keeps a favorite for a while, sometimes a book with lift-the-flaps, other times a book full of object pictures or a Dora book. She even chose the New Testament as her favorite for a while.

There are several stacks of books around the house. One in the playroom closet, a basket of them in her bedroom (with a few always scattered in her crib), and a couple dozen in the bottom of the tv cabinet in the living room. She will pull one out, determine very quickly if she wishes to spend her time perusing it, then discards it off to the side. Before long, she has a scattered pile of books surrounding her.

Even at MMO, her teachers said she would go to the bookshelf and pull every single book off. (Of course, she doesn't clean up when she's done!)

The books of choice lately include a large lift-the-flap book with numbered objects and My Little Word Book.

I wish I could get inside that head of hers. I would love to know more about what she likes and why. Instead, I'll just be tickled pink that she loves to "read." And Brian and I will keep picking up the piles of books. Over and over again.




No comments: