Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome, 2009.

The New Year's Eve gathering was lots of fun. A small gathering of wonderful friends, great food by Brian, fun games, and toasting in the new year.
Jacob and Olivia stayed at maw and paw's house for the night. Of course, they were awake at midnight- Jacob is on teenager time, sleeping in and staying up late. Olivia was her usual self, staying up late because that's just what she does.

I never live up to any new year's resolutions I make, so I won't pretend to do so this year. However, it always seems like a good time to think about new beginnings when January 1st rolls around. And I've been thinking about what 2009 might bring.

Maybe a healthier lifestyle for me (I hope I can lose some weight.). Maybe some time to learn more photography skills (will I ever get as good as I want to be?).

It also seems like a good time to reflect on the last year.

I changed jobs. Brian changed shifts and stations. Jacob became a third grader who needs size 10 jeans for length (and size 6 for his waist...). Olivia started public preschool and a restricted diet. Joseph Samuel was born. Stephen James called me Aunt Donna ("AH-da-da").

Life was good.

So, welcome 2009. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the Murray family.






1 comment:

Greta said...

Happy New Year D!