Friday, January 30, 2009

Solving the little mysteries

I've said it so many times. Olivia is our mystery girl. So, when a mystery is solved- no matter how small- we are joyful.

For a few months now, Olivia has been doing this patterned sing-along:

"La, la, wheee. La, la, wheee. Ohhhhhh, wheee!" The same pattern, over and over again. It made no sense, but we sing it with her when she starts, because we know she'll sing the whole pattern.

Brian called me at work earlier this week to tell me that he had solved the mystery. Olivia loves Syd the Science Kid on PBS. During one of the songs, Gabriella dances and sings this little melody.

I found the video on YouTube and watched it. Three times. I was so happy, I laughed and clapped. And sang along.

There are many unknowns with our little chickadee. But, one little mystery has been solved.

And we have a joyful song to sing while we celebrate. "La, la, wheee. La, la, wheee. Ohhhhhh, wheee!"

(watch the video- Gabriella's part is around 15 seconds in.)

3 comments:

Greta said...

Donna as soon as I read it I knew it was from Sid before I even got to your answer. That's a fav in the Jones household. :) Glad you got a mystery solved.

Suzanne Rudder said...

It's the little things that brighten any day! :)

Michael Pope said...

That's great, Donna!