Monday, January 26, 2009

25 random things about me

1. I moved so many times during my childhood (such is the life when your dad owns a moving business). And I always thought it odd when people say they lived their whole life in the same town. The complete list (through college):Myrtle Beach, SC- Atlanta, GA-Kissimmee, FL- Lake City, FL- Lake City, FL- Lake City, FL- Gainesville, FL- Alachua, FL- Lake City, FL- Alachua, FL (same house)- Burlington, NC- Fuquay-Varina, NC- Lenoir, NC- Lenoir, NC- Lenoir, NC- Hudson, NC

2. My birthday is the same date as the anniversary of the Wright Bros. first flight. December 17. And since the cut-off date for starting kindergarten in Florida was January 1, I didn’t get my driver’s license until halfway through my junior year.

3. Brian and I have been married for 13 years. And our first date was 20 years ago next month. We have a son and a daughter. Jacob is 9 and Olivia is 3.

4. I was always picked last for the team. Completely UNathletic. (sigh) Some of us just don't have it in us. That being said, I will say that carrying a three and a half year old (who doesn't walk) in your left arm all the time will build a nice muscle. I might could actually win at arm wrestling. Ok... probably not.

5. I'm a bit OC. I count steps. Though I'm not as OC as I used to be, I don't think. I used to have to be out of the kitchen by the time the fridge door closed. (Do I really want everyone to know how odd I am??) Besides counting steps, my other daily routine is looking under the bed before I climb in.

6. I'm not really scared of dying. I believe in God and (try) to trust in His plan. However, my biggest fear about growing old is the thought of losing my teeth.

7. I have to be able to stick my feet out of the covers. Always. My entire body temperature is regulated through my feet. I'm sure of it.

8. I am emotional, sensitive, and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I want everyone to like me, be happy and get along. Sometimes these are good characteristics to have, and other times, it sucks. My sensitivity is ultimately what pushed me out of the classroom.

9. I love the meaning and the sound of the words serendipity and passion.

10. A few of my favorites: Movies… Serendipity (see #9), Lonesome Dove, Meet Joe Black, Footloose. Songs… The Search is Over – Survivor, Crazy Love – Van Morrison, That Next Place (from the Meet Joe Black soundtrack). TV shows… West Wing (best show ever), LOST, Mad About You.

11. I wish I had every minute of Jacob and Olivia’s life on videotape. I don’t want to forget one second.

12. I miss my daddy so much. He’s been gone four years and my heart still aches.

13. My middle name is Michelle, after my grandfather, David Michel.

14. I love life stories. I love love stories. And I love music that tells a story.

15. I love to get so involved in a book that I feel like I’m there, like the characters are real. I love reading a book that is so good, I even walk around in a daze, like reality is altered in some way, like I awoke from an all-too-real dream. (Most recently happening after reading the Twilight series. Yes. Thirty-five year old mother of two, addicted to Twilight.)

16. My nickname in middle school was Half Pint. I was little. I’m not little anymore.

17. I go through food phases. I crave a particular food and eat it over and over for a length of time until my taste buds move on to something else. Right now my food phase includes chocolate chip pancakes, café mocha, and potato soup.

18. Even though our baby girl has taught us so much about life, love and faith, and even though I trust in God’s plan, I still desperately pray for her to walk and talk and call me “momma.”

19. I loved being pregnant (minus the first three months of icky icky morning sickness).

20. I can’t carry a tune, so I turn up the music loud so no one (including me) can hear me sing.

21. I’m sure I wasn’t a good big sister when we were growing up, but I love my baby sister and I wish we lived beside each other so I could hug her every day.

22. I grew up with a mother who chain-smoked, but I absolutely cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke now.

23. I’ve lived in a single-wide trailer, a two-bedroom apartment and a 10,000 square foot house.

24. My hair is wavy in some places and stick straight in others.

25. There is hardly anything more peaceful than walking on the beach.

No comments: