Monday, March 09, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Saturday night, Olivia spent her first night in her Big Girl Bed. She didn't seem upset by the change and after hanging out for a little while in her new bed, she climbed down and scattered toys and books all over the room.


When I went up later to check on her, she had made it to the gate at the door with her Barney book. And that's where she fell asleep.

I moved her back to bed. There is nothing more peaceful than a sleeping baby.


She slept through the night in the new bed, but woke up at 6:30 Sunday morning. Last night was worse... Went to sleep after 11 and then was wide awake at 2:30. She woke up whining, so I think she was just unsure of where she was. I tried to get her back to sleep, but it didn't happen... She stayed awake until 7:00. I ended up staying home with her today so we could both get some rest.

Tonight, she'll be back in her crib, so we hopefully can get some sleep. Maybe we'll just try naptime in the Big Girl Bed for a while, until she gets used to it. I'm already dreading the day the crib comes down. I'm going to need a double dose of Zoloft to get through that event.

My big girl...

2 comments:

Robin Saylor said...

She is so beautiful ...
I love these photos. Do you know how badly I wish you lived closer so that we could learn "photo-stuff" together. Missing you today.

Greta said...

:0) Sweet, sweet pictures. Sweet, sweet life!