Olivia has been sick for almost a week now. Fever, coughing (mostly at night), and just plain miserable a lot of the time. But, after two trips to the doctor, a round of antibiotics, and a shot of rocephin, she is finally on the mend. A lingering cough, but no fever and a much better mood as of today.
For about the last month, she has been jabbering in multi-syllable words... in her own language, of course. Dabba, dabba, dabba. Wut-da-wa. It is so funny to hear her. Makes us laugh.
Jacob has been making lots of low grades, especially in reading (shocker). He has improved a lot in reading this year, but every week, he consistently brings home Fs on his Weekly Reader and reading test for the week. It's frustrating, because I know he can't read grade level work (at least not in large amounts that cause him to be frustrated). I know part of it is his lack of effort, but I also know that he needs to be taught on his instructional level. I wish we had enough money for me to homeschool for a while...
I watched Love Actually yesterday. It was a great movie. But, I was caught off-guard when I saw one of the characters visiting her grown brother in some sort of mental institution. I immediately started crying... That vision of Olivia as a grown woman, unable to communicate or interact like her peers creeped into my mind. And it broke my heart. God, these unknowns overwhelm me...
Seriously, I have to take this journey one day at a time. God knows my fears and struggles. I pray that He guides me to be exactly what Olivia, Jacob, and Brian need me to be. And that He provides me with peace about the future.
1 comment:
praying for you today and everyday
Post a Comment