It's just the four of us. We haven't been on a vacation alone since Olivia was born. While I love vacationing with friends and family, it's nice to have just my three with me.
So, here we are, in a nice two-bedroom condo, with more room than we need and a cupboard and fridge full of snacks and drinks.
Last night, Jacob was playing with Olivia and next thing I know I see Olivia's doll flying through the air and landing on her face. Poor baby girl ended up with a busted lip and gums. We've called her "fat lip" ever since. Instead of her slurred "duh" sound that she used to make when she was upset, she now says, "Oh, shwa." Funny girl.
After breakfast this morning, we headed to the beach. As soon as we walked onto the sand, Olivia started saying, "Snow." Sweet baby girl. We put her down and she immediately took off crawling for the ocean. If we hadn't stopped her, she would have headed for the deep end. She wasn't interested in playing in the sand. In fact, she didn't like the sand, but she knew she had to deal with sandy legs and hands in order to make her way to that water. Forget the fact that it was absolutely freezing. You know, the kind of cold that makes your teeth ache as soon as the first wave hits your toes. She didn't care. My girl wanted to be in that water.
Jake was also ready to take on the cold water and I'm fairly certain he was wetter than any other beach bum out there today. Most folks were barely letting the water hit their feet, but my boy was braving the temperature so he could enjoy a little summertime ocean fun in April.
Unfortunately, he got a couple of nice cuts on his hand from the body board rope. And keeping Olivia out of the water wasn't very relaxing. So, our trip out was a short one. After baths and band-aids, we hit the road to do some shopping.
When the wind got so strong it was too annoying to stroll outside, we headed to dinner and back to the condo. Jake and Brian went to hit some golf balls and Brian came back feeling poorly, so he headed to bed early.
It is supposed to rain and be cool tomorrow, so I think our trip to the beach today might be the only visit we make while we're here. I pray Brian doesn't feel worse tomorrow, but if he does, hopefully he can rest. There's enough room here that we can hang out without bothering him.
Busted lip, cut hand, sickly husband. Not really what I envisioned for our family vacation, but that's okay. Life doesn't always go exactly as planned. As long as I have my three, I'm a happy girl.
Well, my three... and Clonidine.
Goodnight!
Gotta hold her back!


That was some COLD water!

My big kid and his funny poses.






You often see footprints in the sand, but my girl leaves a different kind of path.

Sweet, slender, straight fingers.

Still having to hold her back.
1 comment:
enjoy yourselves!!
Post a Comment