Sunday, January 02, 2011

Day 2 of this new year

I'm so motivated to get organized, to simplify, to stay focused, to nurture so many aspects of my life.  I've started a journal in one of my moleskin notebooks that I've had forever.  It will just be a place for me to jot down my thoughts, my ideas, my goals.  Something tangible to take with me throughout the day.  I'm a techie girl, but I still love paper and pen.

I've been printing organizational charts for budgets and meal planning and to-do lists and calendars.  I've been thinking about what kind of desk/cabinet I can put in the kitchen in place of the baker's rack. 

I matched up a shirt to every pair of Jake's pants so he can quickly pick out his own clothes each morning.  Then, he and I worked on a "morning list of tasks", writing them on his chalkboard closet door so he can start being responsible for getting things done each morning.  We worked backwards from 7:30, making a note beside each task so he knows how long he has to get each item complete.



I also want to write more often on my blog.  I won't say it aloud, for I'm sure I'll jinx myself.  So, I'll just whisper it...  I hope to take a picture and blog every single day this year.

The odds are slim that it will actually happen, but I'm motivated today and excited about the possibilities of a brand new year.

The kiddos go back to school tomorrow and I go back to work.  We'll see how long I'm able to stay focused on being organized.  Usually by the end of a school week, I'm well-prepared to get stranded anywhere in the world with my car, given that there are three or four bags of uneaten cereal thrown in the floorboard of the backseat (compliments of O), a few extra coats, sippy cups, and half-eaten lunches.  And of course, enough trash to make a nice warm bonfire.

 

1 comment:

Greta said...

PLEASE let Donna write in her blog every day :) I love reading it. Wish you were closer always and I'd clean out that car for you!