Blog every day.
I knew I would jinx myself by typing those words... I didn't blog yesterday. I did take a picture, but I didn't remember until I was getting ready to get in bed. So, I came downstairs and snapped this:
We started a chart for Jacob. Just trying to work on some things- like doing homework without the constant answer of, "I don't know." (Nails on a chalkboard for me. I can't stand it when he doesn't TRY!) And reading without pouting and mumbling and substituting words (just because they start with the same letter).
Yesterday was a great first day for the chart. Jake was a champ. (He wasn't nearly as much of a champ tonight, but this is a post about yesterday, so we'll focus on all these pretty stars.)
Maca (who is living with us as of Dec. 22) has been helping Jacob with his homework since starting back to school this week. (He says he likes working with her on his homework better than with me because Maca doesn't yell. Nice. *head hung in shame*)
Anyway...
While Jake was downstairs this evening, I snapped a few pics of Olivia.
She was in her highchair having a snack of pretzels and chocolate Cheerios. She had to hold the cereal box because there were pics of Dora and other characters on the back.
There was even a SpongeBob pic on there.
Let me say that I probably let Jake watch shows he shouldn't. There are some cartoons that really aren't kid-friendly cartoons, if you know what I mean. But, I give in on some of those. Choose your battles, right? However, I draw the line at SpongeBob. I can't stand it. It is crude and rude and disgusting, in my opinion, so it is the one show that is a big, fat, no-doubt-about-it, NO-NO in our house.
Yet, my girl saw the pic of SpongeBob on the back of the cereal box and starting singing, "SpongeBob Squarepants" (the tune, at least).
What???? If you've been around my girl (or my boy, for that matter) and you've let them watch SpongeBob, I'm going to pinch you. Like Olivia pinches me. And let me tell you, in case you've never been pinched by my girl- you're in for some pain.
Olivia likes to get into the fridge. (See my Jan 1 post....) Tonight, she opened the door and found a can of Campbell's tomato juice. She belly-laughed while she held it. I'm not so sure what was so funny about it, but I love that she can get so tickled over things like tomato juice. She brought it with her back to the living room and held it, looked at it, and licked it for quite a while.
Here's a pic of her right after she fell asleep tonight. Under the sofa table in the living room. With her tomato juice.
Night-night. Sweet dreams, baby girl.
3 comments:
i had to laugh about the whole yelling thing regarding schoolwork. i've been known to indulge. {sigh}
and i'm totally with you re: Spongebob. i can't stand it and have never allowed it in the house either.
Tomato juice/ yelling/ not letting my kids watch Spongebob.. all make me laugh.
Please move near me so I can stalk you and not just on your blog. :)
Love you
I Promise it wasn't me that let her watch Spongebob,I have never let my kids watch it either..:)
Post a Comment