Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life around here

For many months now, Olivia has loved to attack her mommy. It started out as just a "lean back and dive" into me over and over while we were on the couch. Now she pulls hair, pinches, and claws me almost every time I'm within her reach. She's so strong. I seriously don't know how to handle it. If I fuss and say no, she laughs and keeps going. I miss the days when I could hold her for a long time as she sat in my lap.

Jacob changed schools last week. I've been so worried about his reading for so long. I met with the principal at Jenkins and it just felt like the right thing to do. So last Monday, he became my commuting partner. He loves the school, his teacher, and is enjoying going to after school. I'm so glad he made an easy transition.

I've had a CTA, MRI and Friday I traveled to Raleigh to another doctor, only to still have no answers for what is causing the whoosh whoosh. So frustrating. Still can't wrap my head around having to deal with this forever. Next step: blood test and diuretic.

Olivia held a banana to my ear yesterday and said, "hello" over and over. She says it in what sounds like an English accent. Or maybe Australian. "A-lo." Funny girl. Well, she's funny when she's not clawing into my skin.

Brian has been the big man on campus lately. He's been riding battalion chief. He's a great leader and I'm so very proud of him.

That's life around here. Glad fall is on the way. Looking forward to soups and pumpkins and digging out sweaters. Not looking forward to packing up all the summer dresses Olivia never wore (which I do at the end of every summer). She can't crawl in them, so I rarely put a dress on her. She's growing so fast...

Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey donna Its Brandi, I wanted you to know that Kaiden is turning 1! I cant beleive he is growing himself so fast. We are having a small birthday party at our house for him Oct 3rd, At 2-4 floating
Please come if at all possible. PS Brian should have an invitation!

Love always,

Brandi, Kaiden and Jarrod

Doris Glass Heckert - Jackson's Mommy said...

Thanks for being such an inspiration in our lives! You have been awarded. Check it out over on my blog.

baby-jackson.blogspot.com